Jony Ive is listed as an inventor on D641,693.
The '384 is a fairly broad patent on the display of a dashboard comprising a borderless web page:
7,984,384 Web view layer for accessing user interface elements
1. In a computer system including a display screen comprising an area displaying a desktop user interface, a computer-implemented method for presenting a dashboard layer on the display screen, the method comprising:
- responsive to a trigger event, displaying the dashboard layer in the area displaying the desktop user interface,
- the dashboard layer comprising a web view,
- the display of the dashboard layer providing access to a group of desktop widgets rendered within the web view of the dashboard layer; and for each of the desktop widgets from the group,
- displaying in the dashboard layer a borderless web page that represents the desktop widget in the web view of the dashboard layer.
The '065 relates to document retrieval based on user-constructed hierarchies:
7,984,065 Portable browsing interface for information retrieval
1. An information retrieval system, comprising:
- a plurality of files stored in memory, each defining a different hierarchical relationship of terms describing an organizational framework for information;
- a user interface that permits a user to select a level within each of at least two of the different hierarchical relationships;
- a search query generator responsive to the selection of the level within each of the at least two different hierarchical relationships to construct a search query that is based upon terms associated with each of the selected levels, and to provide the query to a search engine to locate documents in a source of information which correspond to the search query; and
- a display that displays information about the located documents to the user.