The first application in the list relates to sandboxing (e.g., in iOS or Lion) and facilitating access for two separate programs:
|20110179483||METHODS FOR HANDLING A FILE ASSOCIATED WITH A PROGRAM IN A RESTRICTED PROGRAM ENVIRONMENT|
1. A machine-implemented method for handling a file associated with a program, the method comprising:
- in response to a request for accessing a file received through a first program, storing the file in a first sandboxed storage area, wherein the file can be accessed by a second program;
- performing an atomic move operation on the file that atomically moves the file from the first sandboxed storage area to a second sandboxed storage area, wherein the first sandboxed storage area is not accessible to the first program and second program; and
- invoking the second program to access the file stored in the second sandboxed storage area, wherein the second sandboxed storage area is a part of a sandbox associated with the second program.
Craig Federighi is the second listed inventor on a sync application:
|20110179192||DISTRIBUTING AND SYNCHRONIZING OBJECTS|
1. A method for synchronizing objects comprising:
- copying an object having data and behavior from a first computer across a network to a second computer;
- obtaining a policy for synchronizing said data and behavior between said first computer and said second computer; and
- synchronizing said data and behavior between said first computer and said second computer based on said policy.
Another describes off-line purchases, perhaps of pre-downloaded iTunes content:
|20110178896||ON-DEVICE OFFLINE PURCHASES USING CREDITS|
1. A method for purchasing access to a restricted media item while an electronic device is offline, comprising:
- receiving a selection of a locally stored media item while no communications with a remote payment processing entity are available, wherein:
- the locally stored media item is not owned by the user; and
- access to the locally stored media item is restricted;
- identifying a cost for removing the access restriction to the locally stored media item; and
- deducting the cost from locally stored credit previously purchased when communications with the remote payment processing entity were available.
The last application in the list serves as a reminder that these are patent applications, the claims of which have not yet been examined:
|20110174515||SPACER FOR USE IN A FLAT CABLE|
1. A cable for carrying electrical signals, comprising:
- a plurality of wires substantially disposed in a plane; and a spacer positioned in the plane between two of the plurality of wires, wherein:
- the spacer maintains the two of the plurality of wires apart at a minimum distance; and
- the spacer height is less than a height of the taller of the two of the plurality of wires.
Also of note is that we continue to see Apple developing its own IP around mapping applications.