"Smart Garment":Track clothing usage and wear with an iPhone?
1. A method, comprising:
- electronically pairing a garment sensor and a garment by way of a first bi-directional communication link,
- wherein the garment sensor is physically affixed to the garment;
- tracking garment usage and detecting wear patterns involving the garment using the garment sensor;
- forming a second bi-directional communication link between the garment sensor and an external database;
- sending the tracked garment usage and detected wear patterns to the external database;
- receiving expected useful lifetime information for the garment from the external database,
- wherein the expected useful lifetime information is based on tracked garment usage and detected wear patterns from a plurality of similar garments; and
- alerting a user when the garment reaches its expected useful lifetime, based on the received expected useful lifetime information and on the tracked garment usage.